Wednesday, August 28, 2013

4th, 1st and Pre K

I didn't think I would be so sad to see the summer come to an end and see my kids off to school. I thought for sure I would be happy to watch them go out the door and not return for a few hours, happy and more educated. After all, the house would be quieter, and a lot less complaints and fighting. However, that was certainly not the case with me.
Adam and Jenna was were so excited to head to school and Logan was sad he couldn't join, but he did go ahead and packed is own lunch in his lunch box just like the big kids.
Let's just be honest, Jenna is struggling. 1st grade is different than kindergarten. It's longer, every day, a little more challenging, and the hardest part is she doesn't have her Kindergarten teacher this year. She REALLY wants to go back to Kindergarten so she can have the same teacher. She has cried every day so far and I'm hoping that soon she will be able to adjust and be happy to go to school. (This is so different for Jenna. Usually she has not problem at all going to school, or doing new things. In fact, on the first day of school she wouldn't give me a hug good-bye, she just wanted me to go.)
Adam on the other hand, loves school. He loves his teacher and although he says 4th grade is harder, he also says it's more fun. He has to really step it up now that he's in upper elementary school, but so far he's done just that. He was bummed, however, to learn on the first day of school that 4th graders no longer get an afternoon recess.

 
 Logan started preschool and LOVES it! He was upset when he learned that he wouldn't be going every day. On the first day, his teacher had each of the students (there is only 8 of them) make a cardboard car and "drive" to school. I am very impressed with his teacher and the way she runs her preschool.  
Although my kids are growing up WAY TOO FAST, I'm excited for this next chapter in their lives and the things they will learn. I'm sad to see summer come to an end, but look forward to the growth our kids will have this year!

1 comment:

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Those cute kids really are growing up way too fast! I'm glad that Adam and Logan are loving school. Too bad about no afternoon recess for Adam, though. That is a bummer! I'm so sad to hear about Jenna, though. Poor girl. I'm sure she'll adjust soon and be back to her school-loving self.